Effective Date: September 30th, 2012
As a reminder, the Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. If you are under 18, do not submit your personal information to us.
Your information may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside the jurisdiction of your state, province, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- We will share your phone number and postal address with another user only after you and that other user have confirmed to share a meal with one another.
- We may send you promotional materials, and we may share your personal information with third parties so that they can send you promotional materials. These promotional materials may concern our services, and/or the products and services of a third party. These promotional materials may be sent to you by postal mail, email or other means.
- We may publish a question or request that you send us via a support email in order to help up respond to your request and help other guests who may have similar questions or requests.
- We may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that such disclosures (a) are required by law, including, without limitation, to comply with a court order or subpoena, or (b) will help to: enforce contest, sweepstakes, promotions and/or game rules; protect your safety or security, including, without limitation, the safety and security of property that belongs to you; and/or protect the safety and security of us and/or any third parties.
- We may take your personal information and make it non-personally identifiable, either by combining it with information about other individuals (aggregating your information with information about other individuals), or by removing characteristics (such as your name) that make the information personally identifiable to you (de-personalizing your information). We may use this non-personally identifiable information for, among other purposes, research and analysis to improve our products and services.
Facebook Connect allows you to use your Facebook login information to login into MealShare. In using Facebook Connect, you will have the option to pre-populate your MealShare profile with information taken from your Facebook profile. You will also have the option of allowing your activity on MealShare to be automatically posted to your Facebook profile and feed.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent from your browser from a web site’s computer and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Our servers automatically record information ("Log Data") created by your use of the Services. Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device and application IDs, search terms, and cookie information. We receive Log Data when you interact with our Services, for example, when you visit our websites, sign into our Services. We use Log Data to provide our Services and to measure, customize, and improve them.
We have put in place electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect, both during transmission and once we receive it.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND CONTENT
If you wish to no longer receive our newsletter or promotional materials from us, you may opt out of these communications by editing your profile settings.
Please note that we may contact you with important information or updates related to your use of our Services; you may not opt out of these notifications.
REVIEWING OR MODIFYING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may review, update, correct or delete your personal information in your profile by editing the relevant part of your profile or by contacting us at [email protected] You may also contact us at that email address to request a summary of the information that we collect about you.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Beginning on January 1, 2005, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected] or write us at:
We may collect various types of personal information. For example, when a guest creates an account with us, we collect the following information: name, email address, postal address, and phone number. We also may collect other types of information such as gender, age, and personal interests, which we may associate with personal information.